xrandr: adding a second display to screen 0 [radeon]

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Mon Feb 18 12:06:25 PST 2008

also sprach Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> [2008.02.18.1806 +0100]:
> > This feels pretty good. Unfortunately, the VGA-0 screen still stays
> > off and the LED is blinking as if it was in DPMS powersave mode.
>
> This has been fixed in ati git master.

I can confirm this. Thanks.

> > Unfortunately, the screen seems to simply extend across the two
> > displays, so the Xinerama protocol does not seem to be provided and
> > fluxbox cannot distinguish between heads.
>
> xrandr provides xinerama hints, I suspect fluxbox either doesn't
> handle them or you've compiled it without xinerama support.

With the new driver, it seems to work. Unfortunately, the
performance is phenomenally bad. Check out the following short video
which I took while dragging a window around (~50Mb):

  http://scratch.madduck.net/__media__mmcblk0p1__DCIM__101_PANA__P1010235.MOV

I wonder if I should be making a new case for that...

"quite frankly, teachers are the only profession
 that teach our children."
                                                      - george w. bush

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net