DMXGetScreenAttributes hangs with pthreads

Roman Bednarek roman at mikronika.com.pl
Wed Feb 20 03:51:05 PST 2008

   Hello
    Quering about DMX screens with DMXGetScreenAttributes hangs when called
for a second screen, after XInitThreads was called and when program is
linked with pthreads. I have attached a small program to show the problem.
It hangs while getting second screen information. I have tested it on few
different systems and it always hanged.

    Roman Bednarek

gcc t.c -o t -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -ldmx -lXtst -lpthread

int main()
{
    Display* dpy;
    DMXScreenAttributes attr;
    int screen_count;
    int index;

    XInitThreads();
    dpy=XOpenDisplay(NULL);
    if(DMXGetScreenCount(dpy, &screen_count))
    {
       printf("screen_count:%d\n",screen_count);
       for(index=0;index<screen_count;++index)
       {
          if(DMXGetScreenAttributes(dpy, index, &attr))
             printf("displayName:%s\n",attr.displayName);
       }
    }
    XCloseDisplay(dpy);
    return 0;