[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-ati 6.8.0

Gilles Dartiguelongue gilles.dartiguelongue at esiee.org
Sat Feb 23 15:52:21 PST 2008

Le samedi 23 février 2008 à 12:06 -0500, Alex Deucher a écrit :
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Gilles Dartiguelongue
> <gilles.dartiguelongue at esiee.org> wrote:
> > Hello list,
[snip]
> >  works. If I use xrandr --auto, it goes in clone mode. On a maybe related
> >  note, when I use totem to play a video and put it in fullscreen, it
> >  makes the server go back in single head mode as well while it's not the
> >  case with mplayer. Somebody told me it might have something to do with
> >  changing resolution.

[snip]
> If you used the gnome X resolution gui, it's not randr 1.2 compliant
> and it saves it's configuration and resets it when you log in.  The
> gconf keys are /desktop/gnome/screen/$hostname/$screennum/.  if you
> remove them, that should fix your problem.

Thank you very much, it indeed fixes the startup mess. I won't have to
rearrange icons on each login now :)

For reference, one can apply this command to get rid of any previously
saved configuration from the gnome utility to change resolution (beware
it can eat kittens, you've been warned):
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /desktop/gnome/screen

It only leaves the totem fullscreen problem but I can cope with that.
I'd need to do more intel driver testing to be sure it has nothing to do
with the size/orientation of the virtual (2560x1024 for the ati card,
2048x2048 for the intel card).

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <gilles.dartiguelongue at esiee.org>