Hardware overlay on G965

Thomas Fritzsche tf at noto.de
Mon Feb 25 03:47:28 PST 2008

Hi Maxim Levitsky,

Is the X3100 one of the supported flavours (Thinkpad T61)?
I'm checking for a fix of the XV/XAA/Compiz issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/xorg-server/+bug/111257

Suggested was to enable "overlay" support that doesn't seem to work for i965:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/9293287/xserver-xorg-video-intel_2.1.1-0ubuntu3.debdiff

I know EXA is also supposed to solve this issue, but seems to suffer
from performance issues that seem to be difficult to fix. Isn't it?

Can you patch help here?

Cheers,
 Thomas