Suggestions for properly abstracting multiple screens.

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:06:56 PST 2008

> dude if I could afford to donate 1 board to you,
>  I could probably also afford to put in another gfx card and run 2 x.org.
>
>  probably AMD could donate one of those (<$70) RS690 boards to your team,
>  (or SUSE could lend you one of their earlier experimental boards)
>
>  also, you keep writing code for discrete gfx cards, but the
>  technological leaders,
>  are going in for integrated GFX, does that bother you? irrelevance.
>
>  I can understand, its a very fun project for you guys ;-)
>  Looks like vgaArbitrator will only handle the discrete gfx card scenario.
>  It seems unstated policy for x.org, that multiseat will be supported
>  only on discrete gfx.

Where did you figure that out? I'm interested in the logical
progression you have made to arrive at this answer...

Part of the plan for kernel modesetting is to enable better single GPU
multi-seat as well as integrated with the VGA arbiter to enable
better multi-card multi-seat..

These are two mostly different problem spaces, even though to the
uneducated it might look like solving the same problem.

Dave.