Xorg 7.4 release plan

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Feb 26 15:21:51 PST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:30:43PM -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On 14:06 Tue 26 Feb     , Adam Jackson wrote:
> > Input is not stable.  Since the last time I rebased X in fedora, I've
> > had complaints about inability to switch keymaps, broken control-alt-foo
> > combos, stuck axes on mice, keymap changes disappearing at runtime, etc.
> > We never shipped 1.4 in fedora, but afaict XKB was fairly broken there
> > too.  I'm really loathe to revert XKB to its 1.3 implementation, but in
> > the absence of fixes, I'll do what needs doing.  Likewise input hotplug
> > needs a sensible transition plan before I can really ship it.
>
> Things work pretty well in 1.4.0.90 (1.4 was worse, iirc) as long as you
> pretend evdev doesn't exist.

Er? If you're only using one keyboard, there shouldn't be any difference
(yes, master is much worse[0] than 1.4.0 is worse than 1.4.0.90) between
kbd/mouse and evdev, if you ignore/remove all the insane remapping
options that really don't belong in X.

Cheers,
Daniel

[0]: Getting fixed as a matter of priority.