Xorg 7.4 release plan

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Feb 27 10:04:30 PST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
>  >  Aah, the Mesa question.  I love this part.
>  >
>  >  DRI2, unlike pciaccess, is not a complete switchover.  Both the DDX and
>  >  the DRI driver can implement support for either or both of DRI1 and
>  >  DRI2, so it's not blocking the release in the sense of "we can't ship
>  >  until this works".
>
>  Unfortunately, building DRI2 requires some parts of mesa master
>  (dri_sarea.h for sure).

That's just the xserver DRI2 module, which is optional (pass
--disable-dri2 to xserver ./configure).  The biggest problem is that
the AIGLX DRI loader is now using the DRI interface present in mesa
master.  It should be possible to add a glxdri-7.0.c file to GL/glx
that loads the old-style interface, it's mostly a matter of
resurrecting the old version of GL/glx/glxdri.c and making it compile
conditional on the DRI interface version.

>  I have patches which kill off symlink-mesa.sh and all the
>  GL/mesa/Makefile.am's, removing a major source of the breakage, but I
>  haven't gotten far enough to build GLCore in Mesa. That might be
>  beyond my current abilities since I'm not familiar enough with the
>  necessary server interfaces. Unfortunately, you still need the mesa
>  source at xserver build time to build libglx since it pulls in sources
>  generated in mesa. Maybe there's a solution to that (libglxapi.so?),
>  but, again, that would take some more work.

That would be libglapi.so, but yeah, something like that would be needed.

Kristian