modular -> monolithic

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Sun Jan 20 11:30:13 PST 2008

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 02:20:34PM -0500, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
>    While it seems logical that whoever broke things ought to work
>    on fixing them, I see it as a *huge* drag on development if
>    we impose a perfectionist policy that discourages any big
>    change.

I'm more than agreeing with this. People stay more conservative in
developement if X server is back monolithic and if I should choose between
conservative way where all the drivers compile cleanly (not saying they work
cleanly!) and a way where not all drivers compile cleanly but code progress is
much higher, all my hands are for the second.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek