New guy with Intel 965 issues

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Sun Jan 20 22:25:13 PST 2008

On Friday 18 January 2008 12:02, Jesse Barnes set 1,000 monkies in front of
keyboards and the following appeared:

> > http://theplaceofcoolness.com/xorg_diag/dmesg.txt
>
> Yeah, this doesn't have an i915 line, which should be something like:
> [drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20060119 on minor 0
> so that's one problem.  Looks like you're running 2.6.21ish, that may not
> have the PCI IDs for the 965 chip you have.

	Ahhh thanks, this gives me something to look for anyway. Is there some
standard way to find out if this card's PCI ID is in a specific kernel
version?

> > http://theplaceofcoolness.com/xorg_diag/lsmod.txt
> > http://theplaceofcoolness.com/xorg_diag/Xorg.0.log
>
> And this can't find your /dev/dri/card0 as you said.
>
> You could try DRM from git, which should bind to your device, or a more
> recent kernel.

	Hmmm, well I *really* don't want to have to build a fresh kernel, but I
suppose a fresh install like this is the best time to do it. I'll see about
getting a fresh DRM for now. Thanks!

Matt