RandR 1.3 additions?

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Tue Jan 22 13:22:22 PST 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 03:55:15PM -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:

> Anyone who's worked on multi-crtc hardware in the 5-7 years would have
> come to pretty similar abstractions as the hardware is all pretty
> similar.  It's not rocket science.

Which is exactly why most people rejected what i was saying and why it
took a bit of explaining before i could get twini on board (which was,
sadly, shortly before he gave up).

But it is nice to see the excuse changing already.

> This was my understanding of randr outputs and radeon had been
> implemented that way since I started working on randr 1.2 in the
> spring of last year.  Randr outputs have always been vague, but
> connectors seemed like the most logical interpretation as that's what
> the user sees on their card.

Which was the wrong interpretation.

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.