Mac mini PPC 1.3.0 (Ubuntu gutsy) and Evesham Alqemi S LCD TV

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at
Thu Jan 24 11:57:43 PST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 2:45 PM, Stuart Langridge <sil at> wrote:
> > > Yep. See
> > > for both files.
> >
> > Can you post your xorg log for MacModel mini-internal?
> Done (sorry, I thought you wanted xorg.conf for some reason!); see above link.
> >Looking at the reg dumps and your other logs it looks like you are
> >using a version of the driver (6.7.195) from before I added support
> >for mini-internal.  Would you be up for trying a newer version of the
> >driver?  Newer versions should just work.
> Yep. What do I need to do to get it? Check something out of git,
> compile it, and copy one .so file into place?

yes :)
First make sure you have the xorg, drm, xserver devel and macro
packages for your distro, then install git-core.  You'll also need the
following if you don't already have them:

Once you have them, we can go about grabbing the sources.  First back
up your old and

git clone git://
cd xf86-video-ati
./ --prefix=/usr
sudo make install

then restart and see what happens.  Let me know if you run into any
problems along the way.