xf86-input-evdev: Changes to 'master'

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Jun 10 14:53:44 PDT 2008

> Disable middle mouse button emulation when a real middle MB event is detected.

That needs to be configurable.

On laptops like mine, any external PS/2 mouse is compined with the
onboard pointers at the hardware level.  The kernel only sees one mouse.

I need to be able to use the emulation with the onboard mouse buttons
even after using the middle button on the external mouse.  I'm sure that
I'm not alone in that.

Perhaps if it is explicitly set in xorg.conf, then don't disable it?
Or have the option take on/off/force and don't disable it if force?
Maybe another option to override the auto-off?
Something I didn't think of?

Middle button emulation has been the only thing keeping me from using
evdev for the mouse, so thanks for porting it over!

-JimC