Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

pcpa at mandriva.com.br pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Wed Jun 11 17:45:39 PDT 2008

Quoting Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb at laas.fr>:

> Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade wrote:
>> Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>>> Can we assume xf86-video-via is already a loser?
>>>
>>   What is the state of xgixp and nouveau?
>>
>>   I tried to build nouveau, but it apparently doesn't build nouveau_dri.so
>> from either mesa 7.0.3 neither a very recent mesa git.  xgixp isn't even
>> in the master mesa git, but kernel modules are built by default from drm...
>>
>>   I believe avivo is also already dead?
>>
>>   Openchrome officially in in xorg would be good, but I don't know what
>> will be of via and if they will maintain open source drivers...
>
> They are willing to provide documentation and help. Please contact
> Luc Verhagen or me if you're interested in getting doc.

  Last year I made a package named "viaarena" for mandriva, based on the
sources available on www.viaarena.com, and compiling only what had source
available (there are/were some binary only blobs). But currently only
openchrome should be used for mandriva.

  Now I don't have any via hardware to test, but if I happen to get some,
I will ask you :-)

> --
> Matthieu Herrb

Paulo