Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 12 02:03:14 PDT 2008

Adam Jackson wrote:
> There's probably some detail work in the libs I'm forgetting.  Please
> remind me.

What about the XCB socket handoff stuff?

AFAIK XCB is not actually part of the xserver release but it does
require a patch to libx11 which AFAIK, is. (perhaps someone can
confirm/correct me here?)

Trees are here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~cloos/libX11/

and here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~cloos/libxcb/

Personally I've not tried them due to some packaging oddness in our
current libxcb package in mandriva and I've just not had a mo to fix them :(

But I do get some bug reports coming in from users relating to issues
that this patch set will supposedly fix.... sorry I've not got better
feedback here but the xcb handoff stuff seems to go in spurts so just
bringing it up here.

Col