Wiki like documentation Was: Re: Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Thu Jun 12 04:32:05 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 02:16:14PM +0300, Daniel Stone wrote:
> My main problem with Trac is that it integrates its own BTS and
> integrates everything with SVN (does it support git?).  The BTS on its
> own is just one more thing to migrate.

The BTS module can be completely disabled.  Possibly, the RCS
integration too.  There are git and bzr version control backends for
Trac, but I haven't personally used them.

I'm not personally very happy with Trac, but maybe I'm just lazy.  And,
IIRC, Trac had no spam-protection plugins at all when I last seriously
tried using it.

> Given the 'why fix something external when you could write a worse
> replacement?' guiding principle of X, I've been thinking of writing a
> wiki using Django.  Honestly, I don't think it's the worst idea ever.

What about ikiwiki?  Again, I've no personal experience with it, but it
seems to work fine for cairographics.org.

Marius Gedminas
--
We don't really understand it, so we'll give it to the programmers.