Wiki like documentation Was: Re: Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Jun 13 10:36:40 PDT 2008

Also the wiki should have pages that document and highlight new tools and
technologies for the end-user and non-programmer.

Often I learn of some new tool long after the fact. Reading announcements
for many projects also doesn't help much.

Starting at the front page (http://www.x.org/wiki/) doesn't seem to link
to any place for end-users and non-programmers.

By looking in the TitleIndex I found links to FAQs and UserDocumentation
(which leads to old 2005 documentation and still not easy enough as has
many more sub-documents).

The front page is immutable. Can someone please add a section to front
page for the "User Documentation" and link to UserDocumentation and the
FAQ?

And who can update the web server to host
http://ftp.x.org/pub/X11R7.3/doc/html/  and link to that from
UserDocumentation?

So I am starting http://www.x.org/wiki/UserDocumentation/GettingStarted
now ...