Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Fri Jun 13 14:45:38 PDT 2008

Ben Skeggs wrote:
>>   You mean one of these mesa branches: gallium-0.1, gallium-0.1-dri,
>> gallium-0.1-dri2?  I am betting the -dri2 one :-)
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/nouveau/mesa gallium-0.1 branch
>
> No DRI2, and currently no support as we know there's lots of issues :)
  Does this also mean it will only work with X Server server-1.4-branch?

  Is there some chance it will work with current mesa's master, and
the new "--enable-ttm-api"?

  I really don't have much of an idea of the difficulty of making it work
with mesa master, but maybe it is something that would be worth it, as most
distros should soon ship it (or something very close to current mesa master)
and server 1.5.

  I will try to build the nouveau/mesa gallium branch and use it with a
1.4 X Server..

> Cheers,
> Ben.

Thanks,