Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

pcpa at mandriva.com.br pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Mon Jun 16 19:11:48 PDT 2008

Quoting pcpa at mandriva.com.br:

  Just to add some more information.

  I think the current nouveau driver is a way better option than the
current nv driver, unless "open source" is not a "pre requisite", then
the nvidia "binary" driver is the best option.

  Could it be changed to not consider a fatal error if the kernel
module is not available? Or maybe the nouveau drm module added to next
"official" libdrm...

  For 2d only it seems pretty good, and only in one the (3) nvidia
cards I had to custmize it, to use swcursor, otherwise no cursor
would be displayed.

Thanks,
Paulo