How to build xorg-server 1.5?

Mohan Parthasarathy suruti94 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:41:32 PDT 2008

I was able to succesfully build and bring up 1.5.99.1 on my Ubuntu (Fiesty)
with EXA enabled on ATI R1650 PRO. But
somehow the DRM module built from the mesa branch refuses to load (Cannot
Allocate memory). Any one know why ?

Also, the 1.5.99.1 text rendering on my xterm is bad : When i type say
"pwd", the bottom part of "p" is not visible.
But once pwd prints the result, "pwd" looks fine. If the result has any "p"
"g" (anything hanging down), the bottom
part is not visible. Bottom part of the letter is not visible in quite a few
places. I know the release is not supported.
I don't want to file bugs unnecessarily.. let me know if i am missing
something..

-mohan