Disable auto repeat for non standard keys?

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Mon Jun 30 05:56:00 PDT 2008

> Matthew Garrett sent me a patch to test, which disables autorepeat for
> keycodes > 146 and sends the down and up event.
> It works fine on my laptop (my volume keys are now working fine).
>
> Patch is attached, any comments/other suggestions?
I don't think the maintainer (not me!) will accept that patch. It's for
your keyboard (keycde 146 is rather arbitrary I presume) and one can't
even switch it off.
You should add an option so it can be configured per-device, so it may
fix (at least potentially) other quirky keyboards.
That might improve chances.

Regards,

Simon