xrx-1.0.2 compilation failure

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 11:08:36 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Michael Verret
<michael.verret at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, on the subject of deprecating...
>
> Is there a list of deprecated software? I see here
> http://www.x.org/wiki/Releases/7.4 the list of new/updated modules but
> could we also add to the bottom of that page a list of deprecated
> modules?
>
> This would help me to have a clear listing of the supported modules
> between releases.

Ajax, Daniel or Alan would certainly know better, but there are a few
bits floating around on fd.o. The ModuleDescriptions page has an
Obsolete/Deprecated section:

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/ModuleDescriptions

However, I think the authoritative location for module information is
the MAINTAINERS file in xorg-docs:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/doc/xorg-docs/tree/MAINTAINERS

It doesn't exactly correspond to modules/tarballs, though. Probably
someone should keep the Releases/ModuleVersions page updated. For
instance, xkbdata is listed at version 1.0.1 for Xorg 7.2 and 7.3, but
it was deprecated in 7.2 and not released as part of either.

--
Dan