Xephyr -geometry patch

JoJo jojo onetwojojo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:33:39 PDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Tiago Vignatti <vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br> wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith escreveu:
>
> > You wouldn't even have to fork far - just make a new multiseat
>  > directory next to ephyr & the other backends in the kdrive
>  > directory - X.Org hasn't said that we won't allow it in our tree.
>
>  To be fair with you, I'd prefer to address some multiseat configuration
>  in the right way, i.e., starting severals instances of Xorg. We're quite
>  close (I hope). airlied summarized very well what still to be done here:
>
>      http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-February/033170.html
>

>  Thank you,
>

>  --
>  Tiago Vignatti
>  C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre
>  www.c3sl.ufpr.br

So what advice, can you give to the people
who want to run a multiseat (2 multiseat) on
1 gpu with 2 outputs.

Assuming they want to implement this in the next couple of months (X v1.4?)

Currently, Xephyr is "supposedly" the closest option.

-JoJo

PS: Yes we are still, keenly following your progress with arbitrator ;-)