MPX and multitouch

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun May 11 08:55:48 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 00:10 +0900, Jordi Polo wrote:

> I agree that gestures should belown to a client library

Quite a while ago I worked on a proposal about mapping events to
actions. Where events means anything from a single mouse click to meta
events for gestures. Actions would be anything the environment/specific
applications do in direct response to user interaction.

http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2007/04/10/event-to-action-mapping-1/

I found that designing a generic gui for this is a pretty hard nut to
crack and stopped my effort because there wasn't enough interest (I'm
not going to aquire the skills to implement a suitable framework myself
in any reasonable amount of time ...).

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: