Adding a new transport while the server is already running

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Mon May 19 04:06:27 PDT 2008

We need to be able to add a new file transport while the server is
already running.  Launchd hands us a file descriptor for the $DISPLAY
socket, and we want to be able to add this at an arbitrary point after
the server has started.  I've added what I thought would handle this
appropriately to os/connection.o:

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/xserver.git;a=blob;h=0a6e0169a8b70dd015935d1b427237e3b099ce8a;hb=xorg-server-1.4-apple;f=os/connection.c

See ListenOnOpenFD at the end of the file.  It seems to work fine when
I add the file descriptor at server start, but not at some arbitrary
point later.  Am I missing something there?

Thanks,
Jeremy