Mouse button problems using Logitech NX80

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 22:02:38 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Matija Šuklje
<matija.suklje at rutka.net> > buttons 4 and 5 as usual
> - wheel can tilt and therefore scroll horizontally — buttons 7 and 6 (yes,
> they're inverted!)
<snip>
> I'm currently running (on Gentoo AMD64 stable):
> xorg-server 1.3.0.0
> xf86-input-evdev 1.1.5

Try a newer version of xf86-input-evdev. I had the same issue and
ended up getting a patch committed to the kernel to have the inputs
swapped. I later found out that evdev-2.x did the right thing with a
vanilla kernel. Try stopping X and running evtest from the console.
You should find the pushing the wheel to the right results in a
positive value for the HWHEEL button.

--
Dan