Xorg 1.5.1 intel on Solaris 10?

Pat Kane pekane52 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 08:55:45 PDT 2008

I am trying to run Xorg 1.5.1 on a Gateway T-6836 notebook (Intel GMA X3100)
with Solaris 10 but the intel driver can not allocate video memory.

The error messages from the Xorg log are these:

 (EE) Failed to load module "dri" (module does not exist, 0)
 (EE) Failed to load module "fbdevhw" (module does not exist, 0)
 (EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (Resource temporarily unavailable)
 (EE) intel(0): Failed to allocate Ring Buffer space
 (EE) intel(0): Failed to allocate Ring Buffer space
 (EE) intel(0): Couldn't allocate video memory

Is the GARTInit error the cause, or should I be debugging the intel errors?

Fedora10beta with 1.5.0 works fine on the same laptop,
full Xorg logs from both Solaris and Linux are attached below.

Pat
---