Problems building XGL (already a long time)

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Tue Oct 21 05:41:10 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm trying to build the XGL server, next to the Xorg and Xephyr server.

Although a seperate XGL server is not neccesary anymore, to use a
desktopmanager like compiz. Is everything integrated in the mainserver Xorg??

Now, I'm trying to setup a multiseat configuration, with one mainserver with
different screens, and a Xephyrserver for every screen. It works very well,
but I would like to use a XGL server in stead of Xephyr.

Xephyr does not support xgl extensions right? If it does there is no need for
me to build XGl, but if not how do I build XGL??

For a long time I've problems building it, everytime the same error (XglInput,
XglMouseProc..) when adding the options --enable-xgl and --enable-xglx to the
configure script.

In the past I  got source of XGL (the xgl-0-0-1 branch) with git, but that
does not compile either.

Is this problem known??

Stef Bon