libdrm 2.4: Resume from suspend: Error waiting for fence

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 27 01:47:42 PDT 2008

Hi,

Waiting for stolen goods is always dodgy :p

I got this in my xorg.log when resuming from suspend. The xserver then
restarted:

intel_bufmgr_fake.c:392: Error waiting for fence: Device or resource busy.

I don't see anything in the gitlog that could address this but then I'm
not convinced that the "fix" is in libdrm anyway...

Just wondering if anyone has come across and/or fixed this already :)

I'll try increasing the timeout to > 15s to see if it does kick in...
(in the past I've sometimes I do see quite long delays before X kicks in
when resuming from suspend which I suspect to be unrelated to X
specifically).

Col

--

Colin Guthrie