AIGLX and direct rendering

Lars Oliver Hansen lolh at
Wed Sep 10 10:49:59 PDT 2008

thanks to your list members I have direct rendering working now. I "wanted" this as it "sounds" faster than indirect rendering for 3D games and as I read that it is required for Compiz. However AIGLX is supposedly needed for Compiz too. Now AIGLX is "Accelerated Indirect GLX" and I again supposedly needed the setting LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=true. For a 3D game I have a script which unloads Compiz and replaces it by MetaCity. If direct rendering is faster, is it possible to unload AIGLX or disable it for the game?

Thanks and K&BR