USB keyboard with Xfbdev

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at
Tue Sep 16 09:50:40 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Peter Hutterer
<peter.hutterer at> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 05:51:57PM -0400, Cliff Brake wrote:
>> The keyboard works fine at the console, but as soon as I start X, the
>> caps/num lock lights no longer work, and things like ctrl-alt-f1 no
>> longer work.
> That is almost certainly an XKB issue, i.e. missing XKB files, not
> initialising XKB properly, or something along those lines.

I noticed that  libxkbfile1 is built, so I loaded on my device.  But I
can't see any evidence the Xfbdev is using it with strace, and it does
not change the operation.

current using: xserver-kdrive-fbdev - 1:

The last build I have where USB keyboard works is:
xserver-kdrive-fbdev - 1:

I don't see any libxbd files installed with xfbdev 1.3.