Radeon Mobility X1600 texture garbage w/ compiz skydome

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Sun Sep 21 05:35:43 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 13:35 +0200, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> ( this is a resend to xorg-driver-ati. this message got posted to xorg
> as I was not aware this list exists as it is not listed on
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/ )

lists.x.org != lists.freedesktop.org :)

> I am on debian-experimental (xorg 1.5, mesa 7.1, xserver-xorg-video-ati
> 6.9.0+git20080826.a3cc1d7a-2 ) and running compiz 0.7.6. While things
> work mostly OK, the skydome displays random garbage and the bottom and
> top texture of the cube/cylinder displays more or less the texture
> distorted (some lines are ok, some not) + random garbage inbetween.

[...]

> (**) RADEON(0): Option "GARTSize" "64"
> (**) RADEON(0): Option "FBTexPercent" "0"

Try without these two options.

For the former, values larger than 32 (which is also the default now)
aren't handled correctly automatically for PCIe cards.

For the latter, the Mesa r300 driver doesn't properly handle GART
texturing, so it needs to have texture space in video RAM.