[ANNOUNCE] Intel 2009Q1 package released

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Apr 24 11:07:43 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 15:27 +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 03:58:46PM +0800, Jin, Gordon wrote:
> > We are moving to UXA/DRI2/KMS, so this is probably the last release
> > supporting EXA/DRI1.
>
> Does this mean Intel is effectively discontinuing support for non-Linux?

Our little group at Intel has always done development on Linux, but that
hasn't kept other operating system developers from making the Intel
graphics drivers run on everything from Solaris to OpenBSD. The kernel
interfaces used for GEM/KMS should be portable enough, and the kernel
code we've written remains, as much as possible, licensed under terms
compatible with anything you'd care to mix it with.

keith.packard at intel.com