Icc profile problem

Mathieu Taillefumier mathieu.taillefumier at free.fr
Sat Aug 15 08:43:56 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have a problem with icc profile and the git version of xorg
(libs+server+drivers) with intel drivers. The icc profiles created with
Argyll seem to be loaded but the corrections are not taken into account
by the server (or the video driver). I did use the same icc profile
couple of weeks ago (with git xorg up to date at this time) and did not
have any problems at all, so I am suspecting a problem with the intel
drivers or the X server. The Xorg log file does not indicate anything
suspicious and the only thing that dispwin indicates me is the following :

dispwin -v -E 3 intel-cal.icc
Checking XRandR 1.2 VideoLUT access
Display 0 name = ':0.0'
Unable to intern atom 'EDID_DATA'
About to open dispwin object on the display
Opened display OK
dispwin_get_ramdac called
Getting gamma using Randr 1.2
About to set display to given calibration
dispwin_set_ramdac called
Setting gamma using Randr 1.2
Calibration set
About to destroy dispwin object
dispwin_del called
About to close display
finished

I still have no clues how to start searching where the problem is. My
guess is that some changes have been made in the intel driver that
breaks icc profile loading but I do not know where to search first.

regards

Mathieu