Mapping combo to key and key to combo

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Wed Aug 26 14:03:57 PDT 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Maciej Pilichowski wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I would like to assign combo to single key, for example:
> f13 --> shift+home
>
>  and single key to combo, for example:
> win+backspace --> delete
>
>  All links/suggestions/etc how to do it, are welcome. Thank you in
> advance for your help.

generally speaking, that's (in the context of X) a feature of the
applications that you're using.  For instance, xterm supports this using
the X Toolkit's translations resource.  (Some other widely-used
applications offer no support for what you're asking - ymmv).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net