compiz and xorg-server

Colin Guthrie gmane at
Mon Feb 23 01:38:57 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Keith Packard at 23/02/09 03:38 did gyre and gimble:
> On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 19:15 -0800, Tony Bones wrote:
>> /usr/bin/compiz (core) - Fatal: Root visual is not a GL visual
>> /usr/bin/compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
>> /usr/bin/compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on
>> display :0
> There's a minor visual fix on the server-1.6-branch; you might give that a try.

I tried that one but it didn't help.

In the end the "fix" I found was to revert:

Before this, compiz would start but give a white screen on the cube
face. More intelligent scripts would probably stop it starting in the
first place.

Hope this helps.

Colin Guthrie

Day Job: