[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-mouse 1.4.0

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 10:02:48 PST 2009

2009/1/10 Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com>:
> Beso wrote:
>>
>>> It was moved to the module because the server never calls it
>>> directly - only the mouse module does, and if you're using another driver,
>>> like evdev or void, then the code is never called at all.
>>>
>> i'm confused: if the code is never called by the server or evdev
>> what's the reason for
>> evdev to need it to run with 1.6 as you've stated in the previous mail?
>
> Read it again - I wrote "users of *non*-evdev systems...will need this".
> i.e. I need it for my Solaris packages, and the BSD folks will need it,
> but common modern Linux distros could just delete the mouse module altogether
> if they're ready to go evdev-only.   (If you do ship the mouse module at all
> with Xorg 1.6, you'll need this to avoid dlopen errors on the mouse module
> of not being able to find the xf86OSMouseInit function that moved from the
> server to the module.)

sorry to have bothered you... :-(
it seems that for today i've had enough time in front of the monitor
with oracle and i need a pause.

i was curious just about another thing: is or will ever be there a
project for an evdev port
on solaris and opensolaris? i think that evdev is one of that drivers
that worth porting if there is
the possibility.

--
dott. ing. beso