evdev+hal => Too many input devices.

Brian Rogers brian at xyzw.org
Wed Jul 22 14:45:32 PDT 2009

Łukasz Maśko wrote:
> (EE) Too many input devices. Ignoring Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse
> (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
> (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (11)

The kernel is sending device removal events in the wrong order, deleting
the connection before the input device associated with the connection is
removed. Then HAL doesn't see the input device removal in the right
place. Try the attached kernel patch. I'm sending this upstream,
probably with one or two changes.