xf86-video-intel 2.8 3d not working at all

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Fri Jul 24 02:31:16 PDT 2009

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:47:36 +0200
Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
> I upgraded from intel-2.7.1 to 2.8 and now 3d isnt working at all.
> When I start glxgears i get a black window and the following output
>
> > glxgears
> unhandled buffer attach event, attacment type 7
> unhandled buffer attach event, attacment type 7
> unhandled buffer attach event, attacment type 7
> unhandled buffer attach event, attacment type 7
> unhandled buffer attach event, attacment type 7
> 4742 frames in 5.0 seconds = 948.366 FPS
> 4706 frames in 5.0 seconds = 940.923 FPS

It works with mesa 7.5. Since xf86-video-intel-2.7.1 worked fine with
mesa 7.3 I guess you can say that 2.8 not only requires xorg 1.6 but
mesa 7.5 as well.

btw it's working great now with kernel 2.6.30 and KMS only 3d
performance is still low. but i dont know wether its the driver or the
chip itself.

cheers Daniel