Radical idea for X-modmap problem.

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Jul 26 12:25:27 PDT 2009

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 12:06:41 -0700
"David Moffatt" <David.Moffatt at access-company.com> wrote:

> Responding to the thread about mapping hardware scan codes --> X key
> codes and keyboards with > 248 keys.
>
> Perhaps the solution is to take the hardware scan code --> Symbol
> problem out of the X layer entirely.  Let the OS deal with that in its
> own manner.

X has to be OS independent. It is perfectly sane in the X world to type a
key on one OS for an application running on another because you have
remote display functionality.

Please don't top post and in particular don't attach entire digests to
your mail or we'll all soon be using bittorrent to read the list.