Problems with resumed suspend: Work (dual/external heads) <=> Home (built in laptop display)

Jamie Jackson myspamb8 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 10:23:45 PDT 2009

Hardware:
       product: Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated
Graphics Controller

Driver (I think this is what you're after, anyway):
(II) intel: Driver for Intel Integrated Graphics Chipsets: i810,
	i810-dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 852GM/855GM, 865G, 915G,
	E7221 (i915), 915GM, 945G, 945GM, 945GME, 965G, G35, 965Q, 946GZ,
	965GM, 965GME/GLE, G33, Q35, Q33,
	Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset,
	Intel Integrated Graphics Device, G45/G43, Q45/Q43, G41

However, my problem is only when I resume to a different display
configuration (i.e., home <=> work). I don't have any problems
resuming to the same displays (e.g., work <=> work).

Actually, now that I think about it, I do have vague memories of
having a black display sometimes when suspending/resuming the laptop
display. Sometimes, I think I had to hard reset, or ssh in and
pm-suspend and re-resume it. My memory's fuzzy on this, but I'll see
if I bugged this issue.

Thanks,
Jamie