How to build entirety of Xorg 7.4 from source

Florian Lier fl0 at icram.de
Sun Mar 1 14:51:12 PST 2009

Hey

> You hints are excellent. I will try themout over the
> next few days. And yes, I am building from scratch!
> BTW, what do you mean by bleeding edge X?
> I have no idea what features/modules/components
> would constitute a bleeding edge X.

*Bleeding edge* is a term that refers to technology
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology> that is so new (and thus,
presumably, not perfected) that the user is required to risk reductions
in stability and productivity in order to use it^[1]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleeding_edge#cite_note-0> . It also
refers to the tendency of the latest technology to be extremely
expensive. [wikipedia]

I guess Xi2.0 is such a module :)

cheers, fl0