Intel driver - Dual head and 2D performance

Luiz Felipe Talvik talvik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:53:29 PST 2009

Hi,

I`m trying to run an java app that runs on full screen on two monitors
and it is constantly drawing on the screen. I`m having trouble with
performance on new drivers(Ubuntu 8.10, 8.04). And on older
drivers(Ubuntu 7.04, CentOS 5) it runs much faster, but I`m having
trouble with the dual monitor(the LVDS monitor uses the virtual
resolution, instead of assuming just half).
The best combination was Xorg 1.3.0 and intel 2.1.1, it ran fairly
decent and the dual monitor config worked correctly.

What would be the best combination of Xorg, intel and kernel version,
considering Java2D performance on dual monitor? (i`d like to know even
if the solution involves compiling, coding and patching)

Thanks