X Keeps Crashing on Intel Graphics Card

Jamie Jackson myspamb8 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:21:24 PDT 2009

As of yesterday, I reverted to a bare-bones xorg.conf, but it crashed
on me again this morning.

Here's my current file:
#############
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
        Device          "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

#########

So, I should modify it to read as follows, correct?

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Driver          "intel"
        Option "FramebufferCompression" "false"