Removing shadows underneath windows when using xcompmgr

Joel Feiner jafeiner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:38:38 PDT 2009

I haven't looked at it in a while.  I would really like to do this now
because the shadows under the windows seem to cause a major performance
regression with translucent windows.  My problem was that I couldn't figure
out how to set up the clipping regions to not include the area under the
window.  My X programming skills are, well, lacking, to say the least.

I'm sending this also to the list in case it ignites interest from others
who are more capable than I am.