Adding support for a (multi-)touchscreen - where best to add it?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Mar 12 13:56:13 PDT 2009

Hi,

   > Interesting, because the touchpanels I've used were NOT recognized
   > by evdev at all - attempting to use them with the evdev driver
   > resulted in no input at all to the X server.

That's odd; perhaps they didn't get the right HAL properties added.
The N-Trig (multi) touchscreen on the Dell Latitude XT and HP Touchsmart
TX2 works out of the box for touch with evdev GIT HEAD.  (Clicking via
screen taps requires a patch to map BTN_TOUCH to BTN_LEFT, though.)

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>