Does xcb really need python?

Mikhail Gusarov dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Sun Mar 15 00:54:43 PDT 2009

Twas brillig at 07:48:40 15.03.2009 UTC+00 when dave+gmane at wuertele.com did gyre and gimble:

 DW> I don't need the python bindings.  I just want to build a server
 DW> that works Can I disable the python features of libxcb-1.1.92 or
 DW> newer?

The "feature" is the code generator. You can't "disable" it. Previously
pregenerated code was distributed alongside the .xml protocol
definitions, but was removed due to little practical value (yep, you
seem to have environment in which it was practical).

 DW> What's the solution?

Pre-generate the code on the one computer (HINT: python runs just fine
From $HOME), package the results to the tarball and use it.