failures when building X11 with libxcb-1.2

Halim Issa yallaone at
Tue Mar 17 13:51:39 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 17. March 2009 18.07.37 Dan Nicholson wrote:
> Unfortunately, since libtool transfers "needed" libraries forward into
> the .la files, you'll probably need to rebuild libX11 and all the
> libraries that depend on it. You need libX11 to drop its link to
> and remove the reference to in
> Then you'd need to rebuild libXext so that no
> longer contains its reference to Etc...
> Or remove all the references to in all your installed
> .la files. Or just remove all the installed .la files (this can cause
> issues in a couple cases, but using pkg-config alleviates most of
> them).

Thanks for thorough and useful explaination. I think I'll have to go carefully about when doing this. I believe this task is slightly bigger than what fits in an afternoon recompile, but I'll certainly give it a go in a weekend. Thanks again!