Call for Mentors and Students, Google/X.Org Summer of Code 2009

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Mar 19 21:50:02 PDT 2009

X.Org has once again been accepted as a mentoring
organization for the Google Summer of Code program.
Thanks much to all those who helped this happen on short
notice by getting our materials in shape.

As usual, we'll need a pool of folks willing to help select
applications and mentor the accepted student projects.
We'll also need students to apply starting Monday 23 March.

If you want to help review and mentor, please drop me a
brief email explaining your interests and qualifications (my
memory is pretty terrible, so assume I know nothing), and
then apply to us starting at http://socghop.appspot.com/ .
I'll look over your materials and ask the community for help
as needed, and then approve your stuff so you can help us
out.

If you want to apply to us as a student, this would be a
good time to try to identify the folks who will be mentoring
you and collaborating with you on your intended X project(s)
and get in touch with them.  This will help you write a
better application on Monday.

Thanks much to all of you for working to once again make
Google/X.Org Summer of Code a success.

    Bart Massey
    bart at cs.pdx.edu