Problems with KMS on drm-intel-next branch

Wang, Zhenyu Z zhenyu.z.wang at intel.com
Sun Mar 22 20:07:55 PDT 2009

On 2009.03.17 14:38:44 +0800, Mike Lothian wrote:
> 2009/3/17 Zhenyu Wang <zhenyu.z.wang at intel.com>:

> >> Hi I've just finished bisecting and the "dodgy" commit was:
> >>
> >> drm/i915: Use LVDS config in Driver feature BDB for integrated LVDS check
> >> ed356c1946edc4017799de0371ef229bffa5e72c
> >>
> >> I hope this helps
> >
> > That commit has drawbacks and needs rework. Could you attach bios_reader output?
> > The utility is under xf86-video-intel/src/bios_reader, make sure you're on git tip
> > or 2.7 branch.
> >
> > --
> > Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.
> >
> > $gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827

> OK I'm attaching the rom
>
> Just so you know the BIOS in this laptop is a joke, just do a search
> for Samsung R510 on bugs.kernel.org
>
> I also always have DVI2 showing up as connected when there is only a
> VGA, HDMI and the laptop screen
>
> Hope this helps

It looks your bios does have correct LVDS config in VBT:

Driver feature Data Block:
Boot Device Algorithm: os default
Block display switching when DVD active: yes
Allow display switching when in Full Screen DOS: no
Hot Plug DVO: yes
Dual View Zoom: no
Driver INT 15h hook: no
Enable Sprite in Clone Mode: yes
Use 00000110h ID for Primary LFP: no
Boot Mode X: 1024
Boot Mode Y: 768
Boot Mode Bpp: 8
Boot Mode Refresh: 60
Enable LFP as primary: no
Selective Mode Pruning: no
Dual-Frequency Graphics Technology: no
Default Render Clock Frequency: high
NT 4.0 Dual Display Clone Support: no
Default Power Scheme user interface: CUI
Sprite Display Assignment when Overlay is Active in Clone Mode: secondary
Display Maintain Aspect Scaling via CUI: yes
Preserve Aspect Ratio: no
Enable SDVO device power down: no
CRT hotplug: yes
LVDS config: Integrated LVDS
Define Display statically: no
Legacy CRT max X: 0
Legacy CRT max Y: 0
Legacy CRT max refresh: 85

there might some other issue, could you file a bug to bugs.freedesktop.org?