How can I exclude the X default mode in RandR ?

GordonYuan at viatech.com.cn GordonYuan at viatech.com.cn
Mon Mar 23 05:25:06 PDT 2009

Dear all,

    Take HDMI as an example, HDMI’s EDID may include the mode “1920x1080”, but the X default mode also have the same timing. How can I filter the others except the EDID timing?

    Should I use the user-define mode->type if I add the EDID timing? If the specified flag is not added, we filter it. But the mode line timing may not work.

    How can I add both EDID timing and mode line timing except the X default timing? Would you give me some advice?

    Thanks!

Best wishes,

Gordon